Anxiety is a psychological Disorder which causes stress, nervousness, fear, apprehension and worrying. It is an emotional disorder which can occur at any age and can affect anyone. Anxiety varies person to person; sometimes you feel butterflies in stomach, Nightmares, panic and painful thoughts and memories which are not in your control.
Difference Between Anxiety and Anxiety Disorder.
Anxiety is a general feeling of fear and worry. Anxiety is a normal reaction or realistic response to stress or different stressful situations. Anxiety alerts your internal body system to flight, fight or freeze. Anxiety is related to the specific situation or problem and it lasts long as the situation is.
Anxiety becomes a problem when it comes unexpectedly to an extreme and becomes uncontrollable. Then Anxiety becomes a mental illness which is known as Anxiety Disorder. It is unrealistic and causes uncomfortable physical sensations and physical problems. Anxiety Disorder lasts longer even when a problem is solved. A person feels impossible to change or control a situation.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
Following are the Symptoms of anxiety. To be diagnosed as Anxiety Disorder you must have at least 4 signs from the following symptoms.
- Shortness of breath
- Chocking sensation
- Chest pain
- Fear of dying
- Increased heart rate
- Sleep problems
- Abdominal Pains
- Dry Mouth
- Irrational Fear
- Panic attack
- Restlessness, Fatigue
- Feeling agitated
- Tense Muscles
- Feeling hot or cold Numbness
Types of Axiety Disorder:
There are different types of anxiety disorder as mentioned below.
- Panic: Intense fear or terror that develop quickly and unexpectedly.
- Phobia: fear of any specific situation, object or activity.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: It is fear of facing people, fear of socializing and going out.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It is recreational thoughts and repeated actions of some specific things.
- Hypochondriasis: It is anxiety/ fear about health.( either gaining or losing it)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: It is anxiety and stress after having a traumatic event.
What Causes Anxiety:
Anxiety can be caused by multiple reasons. It could be caused by biological factors in rare cases. In mostly cases it is caused by environmental factors. In adults it may caused by job issues, relationship issues with closed ones, marital issues, Traumatic events.
In teenage, it may be caused by issues in school, bullying, peer issues, issues in Study, Parental issues, communication with parents, attacks on self-esteem,etc.